A Year-Round Ministry
Help Us Get Ready Now
We are able to pack 2,000 amazing, gift-filled shoeboxes for children around the world, in four days in November, because we come prepared!
Help us get ready for our Community Shoebox Event Week (Nov 13-20) by organizing donations, sorting supplies, assembling sewing/tool/hygiene kits, and more.
Operation Christmas Child's mission is to share the good news of Jesus's love with children around the world who are experiencing war, poverty, natural disaster, or other hardships. Be a part of this amazing project!
Read on to see all the ways you can help us get ready now!
- Hygiene kit supplies: washcloths, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, combs
- School kit supplies: pencil bags, #2 pencils, colored pencils, pens, erasers, sharpeners, scissors, crayons, notebooks, paper
- Tool kit supplies: small hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, assorted screws and nails, tape measures, gloves, flashlights with batteries
- Fishing kit supplies: #4 & 6 hooks, weights, bobbers (2" & smaller), corks
- Sewing kit supplies: thread, ribbon, seam rippers, tape measures, safety pins, needles, buttons, lightweight fabric
- Small toys: dolls, balls, coloring books, games, plushies, Happy Meal prizes
Email [email protected] to schedule a drop-off or bring supplies to a Prep Night.
Join us on the 3rd Thursday of the month (February through October) to work on the behind-the-scenes projects that make Event Week possible. Have fun and find fellowship while assembling kits, sorting toys, games and books, or making gifts to include in our shoebox gifts. Christmas music, hot chocolate, and snacks included. All ages welcome.
Join the OCC@CC Team
Want to do more? You can help us plan and organize Event Week, work on projects at home, or volunteer with us at the Regional Sorting Center in Chicago.
Email [email protected] to ask questions or find other ways to get involved.
Stay Connected All Year Long
Follow OCC at Christ Church on Facebook.