Ways You Can Join Us in Prayer
Praying for our nation:
God, our peace and our strength, we pray for our nation and the world as we face new uncertainties around coronavirus. Protect the most vulnerable among us, especially all who are currently sick or in isolation. Grant wisdom, patience, and clarity to health care workers, especially as their work caring for others puts them at great risk. Guide us as we consider how best to prepare and respond in our families, congregations, workplaces, and communities. Give us courage to face these days not with fear but with compassion, concern, and acts of service, trusting that you abide with us always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Praying for and with others:
- Text three friends and ask them what you can be praying for them.
- On social media, as friends post their worries and concerns, offer to pray with them — call them, direct message them, or post a prayer for them.
- Call family and friends and pray with them.
Praying with your families:
As you talk with your families about COVID-19, spend time in prayer. Have each person take turns praying. Things to pray for:
- Health Care Facilities: Hospitals, nursing homes, and other first responders. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention The World Health Organization, Medical researchers and scientists.
- Schools: Calm to children who are fearful from all they hear and see around them. Patience in times of school closures. Guidance for school administrators as they make decisions.
- Workplaces: Workers who are anxious about the safety of their workplaces. Uncertainty in how work will be accomplished in the days ahead. Calm and guidance amid financial uncertainties.
- Government Institutions and Municipal Agencies: Prayers for Times of Public Health Concern: COVID-19/Coronavirus Guidance when making decisions for our communities.
- Additional Prayer Ideas: Houses of worship and their ministries at this time. For all who travel. For all who grieve the loss of loved ones. For other needs particular to your community.